With all youth 16 years of age and younger receiving FREE admission to Lime Rock Park during major spectator racing events, it's no wonder the family travel blog MommyPoppins.com
placed us at their No. 8 spot on their 2018 list of “48 Summer Day Trips in Connecticut for Families
.” With a park-like atmosphere, Lime Rock offers a laid-back ease to the way you experience the energized thrill of sports car racing. Lime Rock is a haven for both die-hard racing fans and those who simply want to experience the beauty of the Litchfield Hills during a festive event.
You'll be pleased to hear that we're continuing to expand our family friendly options with new activities available for the entire family during the Northeast Grand Prix on July 20-21, 2018.
Venture To New Heights On The "Lime Rock Climbing Wall"
24-Foot Rock Climbing Wall Available To All Ages On Saturday, July 21 from 11am -3 p.m.
New this year on the Lime Rock Park Midway during the Northeast Grand Prix will be a 24-foot-high realistic rock wall that allows you to challenge yourself, face your fears, and accomplish something that leaves you walking tall for the whole day. Operated by R.E.A.D. Amusements of Connecticut, the wall will be available on Saturday, July 21, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Take a solo climb, or go with friends.
- Up to four people can climb at once.
- Test your skills at any level. You can choose between 15 different routes from beginner to advanced.
- It's a great activity for kids as young as five years old and for adults of all ages up to 250 pounds.
Built in America, the wall and its features are inspected by professionals every season and operated by the certified staff members with R.E.A.D Amusements of Connecticut. Certified staff will be on hand to operate the wall, and assist climbers at all levels. Harnesses and safety ropes are provided. Challenge yourself to climb as high as you feel comfortable, then come down nice and slow. To get down, simply let go and sit back in harness, hold onto the cable and you will come down nice and slow thanks to our automatic belay system.
Tickets will be sold at the Info Tent at The Midway and are $10 for two tickets.
Find Food & Fun On The Midway
Among the family-friendly activities found on The Midway on June 20 and 21, 2018, make sure you:
- Test your racing skills in the immersive Virtual Racing Simulator by Artis Race Labs/Jay De Marcken
- Collect your own exoctic race car - or atleast a minature one - by picking up a specialty die-cast car by Harrels Minatures
- Let the kids have fun at the Bounce House and Face Painting booth (Saturday Only)
The Midway is also home to our Food Truck Fair, so grab something good to eat at:
- Sals Pizza
- Mackens Sliders
- Great Cape Baking Co.
- Gunthers Sausage
Meet The Drivers & See The Cars
At Lime Rock Park, the Paddocks are open for spectators to walk around and view the teams.
- Autograph Session (see schedule)
- Grid Walk (see schedule)