On the 50th Anniversary of Mark Donohue’s unprecedented 1968 eight-win Trans-Am Championship season, New England Auto Museum (NEAM) is hosting an evening motorsports enthusiasts won’t want to miss...an exclusive screening of "Four Hands on the Wheel" presented by NEAM.
The story of the legendary winning partnership between Mark Donohue & Roger Penske.
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 7:30pm
Doors open at 6:45pm
This captivating 47-minute 1969 film chronicles the very special relationship between Roger Penske and Mark Donohue, arguably one of the most successful pairings in motorsports history. The film features rare footage of both Penske and Donohue behind the wheel in a wide variety of legendary machines including the Zerex Special, Corvette Grand Sport and Chaparral as well as Penske Racing entries in Can-Am, Trans-Am, USRRC and more. Plus, intimate interviews with both men give insights into this remarkable team.
The evening will also include:
Historic Penske racecars on display:
• 1966 Daytona and Sebring-winning L88 Sunoco Corvette
• 1968 Sunoco Camaro driven by Mark Donohue and Sam Posey
A panel discussion with the people who were there:
• John “Woody” Woodard: Penske Racing Chief Mechanic
• Chuck Cantwell: Team Manager of Penske Trans-Am Racing
• Judy Stropus: Legendary team timer/scorer (before computers)
• Kevin Mackay: Restorer and owner of the #9 1966 Penske L88 Corvette
• Irwin Kroiz: Owner of #16 1968 Sunoco Camaro
• Sam Posey – Famed race-car driver & TV personality; driver of the No. 16 1968 Penske Camaro
Silent & live auction of racing memorabilia and never-before-seen photos.