Lime Rock Park hosts winter driving fun! Winter Autocross Days are ideal opportunities for those who wish to experience entertaining, spirited driving in winter conditions. Each six-hour program is managed by pro-driving coaches who provide specialized instruction based on each participant's experience level.
The Winter Autocross track has a variety of corners and elevation that can be run in a few different configurations depending on snow conditions. Lime Rock Park's snowmaking and grooming equipment helps to provide smooth, slippery snow, and the autocross provides wide open spaces so you can practice with plenty of room to make mistakes.
Dates for the Winter Autocross are largely dependant on the weather. Previous dates have included Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, Jan. 21, 2019) and Presidents Day (Monday, Feb. 18, 2019). Please email or call Mike to be advised of the upcoming dates.
The cost is $350 per driver with a maximum of 25 drivers per program. Gift Certificates to an Autocross program are a great holiday gift. Autocross certificates do not expire and can be used for Summer or Winter autocross programs.
For more information, contact Mike Distefano at Mike@limerock.com or (860) 435-5000, ext. 112.
Requirements and Recommendations:
- Drivers must be licensed
- Tire requirements prevent excessive delays caused by removing stuck vehicles that are not prepared for winter driving. Four- and all-wheel drive vehicles may be fitted with either aggressively-treaded all-season tires or non-studded snow and ice tires. Summer tires or all-season tires with insufficient tread will not be permitted. Vehicles that are front- or rear-wheel drive MUST be equipped with appropriate non-studded snow and ice tires. To prevent degradation of the asphalt underneath the snow course, studded tires are prohibited.
- Vehicles must conform to our muffled exhaust regulations
- Cars must have tow hooks installed. Snow beyond the course limits is not prepared for driving and going off course may result in your vehicle getting stuck. In the case of a stuck car, Lime Rock staff will pull the car out.
- High-grip, thin soled shoes (with warm socks!) recommended
- Compressed air is available on site for tire pressure adjustments
- Spectators are welcome
If you are signed up for a program and are unable to attend, Lime Rock must be notified at least one week prior to the event. In that case, Lime Rock will transfer the credit to another date of the participant’s choosing. No refunds or date transfers will be available if the participant notifies Lime Rock less than seven days before the event (call for special consideration).