Street Driving Safety Clinic
Saturday, June 20, 2020 - 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
The Street Driving Safety Clinic is for street drivers of all ages and experience levels that want to be trained on how to control their personal vehicle in the inclement and emergency situations that are regularly encountered on public roads. Parents – this is the program for your new drivers to become safer, more aware and prepared to handle their vehicle. This includes establishing correct driver awareness to help avoid incidents and repetitively practicing how to respond to them when they do occur with emergency avoidance and skid control exercises – before you have to react on the street. The registration fee is $360 per enrolled driver, with max enrollment of 24 driving participants. With six professional driving instructors, student-teacher ratios are incredibly small at 4:1.
This program is for you or your young driver if you’re looking for:
- Easy-to-remember car control techniques that aren’t taught in driver’s ed. classes
- Classroom learning that is only a precursor to the repetitive, substantial practice time included in the program to develop those techniques in a controlled environment
- Professional driving coaches that know how to get maximum participant engagement in the learning process. You will have fun while you’re learning – and remember what you’ve learned.
- The combination of engaging instructors, easy-to-remember techniques and a lot of practice yields improved critical decision making abilities and ingrains skills that allow you to become comfortable with, and aware of, the maximum capabilities of the vehicle that you are usually driving on a day-to-day basis. You leave the clinic considerably more ready to handle a situation in your daily driving that causes a loss of traction or requires emergency avoidance, making you a safer, better driver on the street.
The Bare Essentials for all programs:
- Drivers must be licensed
- Cars must conform to Lime Rock noise regulations for the date of the program (ask if unsure)
- Thin soled shoes recommended
- Compressed air available on site
- Dates run rain or shine
If a participant is unable to attend, Lime Rock must be notified at least one week prior to the event. In that case, Lime Rock will transfer the credit to another date of the participant’s choosing. Credit will not be refunded or transferred if the participant notifies Lime Rock less than one week before the event (barring special circumstance.)
Lime Rock’s autocross is a half-mile permanent, paved track (not cones in a parking lot as many autocrosses are) that can be run in seven different configurations, and includes camber and elevation changes. The course is also specially designed so that only smooth grass surrounds the course and drivers are able to explore the limit without the same fear of damaging their car that can be a daunting reality of events on the larger 1.5-mile Lime Rock Park road course. A note: though most people utilize their own vehicle, rental cars are available for your special occasion or in case you aren’t comfortable using your own vehicle.
Contact Mike Distefano at the Lime Rock Park Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000, ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about renting a vehicle to participate in a driving program.