Historic Festival 39 Participant Info -
Registration Opens March 12, 2021 Noon EST /9:00a.m. PST
Lime Rock Park • Lakeville, Connecticut
Labor Day Weekend • Sep 2-6, 2021
Lime Rock Park is committed to holding this year's Historic Festival and will be posting information about any changes and enhanced procedures to keep participants, spectators and staff safe here. Meanwhile, don't delay, get your applications in today:
Vintage racers from across the country come to the Historic Festival and now it's your time to be part of the action.
“Group assignments are subject to adjustment and change
- Pre-1950 Racing and Sports Cars, T Series MG, Front Engine Formula Juniors
- Formula Ford
- Wings and Slicks, Formula Atlantic, 2000
- 50s and early 60s Sports Racing Cars, Rear Engine Formula Juniors
- GT and Production cars under 2 Ltr
- GT and Productions cars over 2 Ltr
- Tin Tops and 2.5Ltr IMSA RS
- Air Cooled Porsche, Conforming to Vintage Rules
- Lime Rock Drivers Club, Miata
Not sure if your car qualifies? Contact Historics@limerock.com
PARADE ENTRY FORMS:
The annual Historic Festival Vintage Race & Sports Car Parade is one of the most popular adjunct events that surround each year's Historic Festival. The parade starts at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3, at Lime Rock Park on the Sam Posey Straight. Here more than 100 great cars "rally" before taking a 17-mile route on the local roads. The routed includes driving through the heart of Lakeville and Salisbury, CT, where parade-watchers will be waiting in anticipation.
If you own a 1975 or older sports car or vintage race car and want to participate in the Thursday (Sept. 2, 2021) parade. 2021 Entry Forms will available soon!
Follow the instructions on the forms to submit. The email address for submitting completed forms is firstname.lastname@example.org The street address for mailing completed forms is: Lime Rock Historics, Attn: K. Deneen, 497 Lime Rock Road, Lakeville, CT 06039. To fax forms, 860.435.5010. For further information, call Kelly Deneen at 860.435.5000, ext. 102
SUNDAY IN THE PARK - The Lime Rock Concours:
The Sunday in the Park - the Lime Rock Concours and Gathering of the Marques is on the Sunday – this year, September 5, 2021 – between the two racing days of each year's Labor Day weekend Historic Festival. No other event in the U.S. combines a first-class concours d’elegance with quality vintage competition on the same property, all on the same weekend. Sunday in the Park is comprised of two features; nearly 200 outstanding entries are on display on the Sam Posey Straight in the Lime Rock Concours, with an additional 500+ cars celebrating the event around the rest of the 1.5 mile track in the Gathering of the Marques enthusiast meet.
The 2021 Sunday in the Park, the Lime Rock Concours will be a superlative show of beauty, elegance and speed, with interesting and diverse classes, in a perfect ambiance. The cars are grouped by purpose and/or year, not exclusively by make and model.
►View the 2021 Concours Class Groupings by visiting https://limerock.com/sundayintheparkclasses
►The online application for participating in the Concours will be available online soon.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or call Kelly Deneen at 860.435.5000, ext. 102.Some notes on the Sunday in the Park judging process:
- Judging for this year's Sunday in the Park vehicles will be (i) Peer Judging, in which the owners of the vehicles in each class (please see the Class List below) will be given ballots requesting their votes for the best two vehicles in the Class and (ii) a small number of field-wide awards where the winner will be chosen by the award's sponsor (e.g. the Greenwich Concours and Sports Car Market awards) or by Sunday in the Park senior staff.
- Displays or "automobilia" of interest and other items specific to your vehicle are encouraged.
- Mechanical condition counts and from time to time, Judges may ask you to ''start-up,'' listening for that distinctive audio track your car makes.
SUNDAY IN THE PARK - GATHERING OF THE MARQUES:
BE A HISTORIC FESTIVAL INSIDER
Sign up for to be part of our Historic Festival newsletter list and be the first to receive event announcements: