The 27th Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park begins Friday, September 4, and we promise, it will be the biggest and best in years. If you’ve come in previous years, you know that’s one heck of a claim – the annual Vintage Festival at Lime Rock has always been one of the best, most anticipated events for car nuts and their families.
But we can back it up...
- There are at least 100 more cars entered in the race groups than last year
- There are more races on Saturday -- and Monday is nothing but races
- Also for the first time, there will be some “enduro” races – look for pit stops and driver changes, really rare for vintage racing events!
- The “Sunday in the Park” car show is huge. Just picture this: the ENTIRE track lined with show cars, which has never happened before. And… all car marques will be placed in order by year giving fans a “walk through time” feeling. And who doesn’t love a live band, food, libation and a golf cart ride back to your car in the parking lot?
- One of the most important Grand Prix cars in history, the 1939 Mercedes-Benz W 154 Silver Arrow, will not only be here, but for the first time in 70 years, on Saturday and Monday it will be started up and run on the track!...
... and the clincher? It looks very much like the weather is going to be beautiful.
Remember, the largest Swap Meet in a long time will be filling the B Paddock, there’s Kid Karting up on the Midway, complimentary Paddock Tours, and famous racing author Burt Levy (The Last Open Road, Montezuma’s Ferrari, Toly’s Ghost and more) will be “signing-and-selling” near the Driving Impressions racing store. Lots to do when you’re not enjoying the racing.
So what’s with the headline?
Here’s the deal: e-mail back to us one sentence that, for you, best describes the Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park. Be sure to include your name and what town you’re from.
For those that we judge the best, you will be highlighted in the Front Page story on the Lime Rock website Thursday, September 3.
Put your thinking caps on, folks!
As always, Lime Rock parking is free, camping free and kids 12-and-under are admitted free. For tickets, go to www.limerock.com, or call 1.800.RACE LRP (800.722.3577).
See you at the track!