Labor Day Weekend
Historic Festival 36 & Sunday in the Park Concours & Gathering of the Marques
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, Aug. 30 - Sept. 3, 2018
Now in its 36th year, the Historic Festival at Lime Rock Park has been a time-honored tradition since 1982. Enjoy vintage car racing at its best.
The event opens with the Vintage Race Car & Sports Car Parade through the local towns culminating in a street fair in Falls Village on Thursday, August 30. This free event is a favorite event for locals and visitors alike. Then, enjoy three days of fantastic, authentic vintage car racing on Friday, August 31, Saturday, September 1 and Monday, September 3. On Sunday, September 2, the Sunday in the Park: Concours d’Elegance and Gathering of the Marques is a time when car enthusiast gather to admire vintage cars. The Lime Rock Auction presented by Dragone Auctions is also held from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.on Sunday, September 2.
Note: For the Historic Festival 36 Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free. Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2018 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
>>>TO PARTICIPATE: If you are a vintage racer interested in applying for race entry, and/or the parade or Sunday in the Park, visit: http://limerock.com/historicfestivalparticipant
>>>WATCH: Watch the videos produced by Masters Entertainment Group showcasing Historic Festival 35 that aired on Velocity TV and CBS Sports Network in 2017: http://masterstvshows.com/shows/specials
What's New at the 2018 Historic Festival
This year, the Festival will be absolutely stunning as the theme is Bugatti, one of the most important and beloved marques in all motor racing history—a marque that has stimulated enormous interest and enthusiasm from both aesthetic and performance points of view. Bugatti will be featured at both the Sunday in the Park Concours and the Bugatti Grand Prix Racing event. The American Bugatti Club will be at the festival as well. Bugatti are coming not just from all over the United States and even Europe. Expect to have a world-class opportunity to experience a truly breathtaking sample -- possibly even a record-setting number -- of Ettore's amazing products.
This year, the Festival will also celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Vintage Sports Car Club of America,the Sanctioning Body for Lime Rock Park's Historic Festival and the oldest and most important encourager of proper use of vintage sports and race cars in the United States. The club is expecting to have a large turnout of their members throughout the weekend. A special race is being organized to commemorate VSCCA's birthday.
Expect to see the who's who in the world of historic and vintage sports and race cars. Some of those who be coming to this year's festival include former British Race Car Driver David Hobbs, who will be signing copies of his brilliant new book "Hobbo." Novelist and Racer Burt Levy, author of "The Last Open Road," will also be present with his latest book, which promises to be as amusing as the rest of the series. John Fitzpatrick, one of the greatest Porsche drivers ever, will also be joining us. As will Angela Hucke who runs the Bugatti Trust in the UK, one of the most respected Marque organizations in the world. Hugh Conway, absolutely the premier authority on the Bugatti Marque, will also be joining us.
What's On Parade:
The Vintage Race & Sports Car Parade is one of the most popular adjunct events that surround each year's Historic Festival. Starting at 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 30, at Lime Rock Park, more than 120 great cars "rally" a 17-mile route on the local roads, including driving through the heart of Lakeville and Salisbury where parade-watchers have been waiting in anticipation. About an hour after the start, the parade of cars arrive in Falls Village for the Street Fair: Live music, entertainment, great food -- and hundreds of cars on display in the village green. Do you own a 1975 or older sports car or vintage race car and want to be in the Thursday (August 31) Vintage Race & Sports Car Parade? Visit http://limerock.com/historicfestivalparticipant to find parade participation forms.
At Lime Rock Park’s Labor Day weekend Historic Festival, more than 250 authentic vintage race cars are "driven in anger" throughout 10 racing classes over a total of three days.
>>>TO PARTICIPATE: If you are a vintage racer interested in applying for race entry, and/or the parade or Sunday in the Park, visit: http://limerock.com/historicfestivalparticipant
What’s on Display:
Along with watching the races, there is plenty to see and do during Historic Festival 36. A teeming Midway chock-a-block with vendors selling everything from model cars and books to prints, custom-made handbags and jewelry is smack in the middle of our track, a short walk from any of our viewing areas. From hard to find car parts to unique automotive and motorsports collectibles, the Swap Meet in the B Paddock is a must do for car nuts and racing fans. Who doesn't like a good find at a garage sale, right?
Another highlight of the Historic Festival is the Sunday in the Park, which is comprised of two features; nearly 300 outstanding entries are on display on Sam Posey Straight in the Concours d’Elegance, with an additional 800+ cars celebrating the event around the rest of the 1.5 mile track in the Gathering of the Marques enthusiast meet. Held on Sunday, September 2, 2018, the Concours d’Elegance and Gathering of the Marques provide Festival-goers with an unlimited supply of amazing automobiles to enjoy. No other event in the U.S. combines a first-class concours d’elegance with quality vintage competition on the same property, all on the same weekend. The concours will be a superlative show of beauty, elegance and speed, with interesting and diverse classes, in a perfect ambiance. Sunday in the Park’s class titles convey our whimsical, unfussy approach. The cars are grouped by purpose and/or year, not exclusively by make and model.
What's on the Block:
For this 36th year of the Historic Festival, Dragone Auctions will again host something special on Sunday, September 2 - a fabulous automobile auction. Last year's inaugural Dragone Auction saw 85% of the lots sold. The Lime Rock Auction is a spectacular addition to the week of Historic Festival activities for the automobile enthusiast, bringing many No Reserve lots that are guaranteed to provide entertaining fun! Learn more about the Lime Rock Auction, what's on consignment and how to register to bid by visiting http://limerock.com/limerockauction
As a Spectator:
At Lime Rock Park, there are no bleachers, grandstands or assigned seating. When you buy a General Admission ticket, you're not buying 144 square inches of a hard metal seat... you're buying access to our park. So go choose your own little piece of paradise! How about under the trees on the Infield or Outfield hillsides? What about up along the fence inside two of Lime Rock's most famous corners, the Uphill and the Downhill? Wherever you want to spread the blanket or pop open the chair, we say go for it!
To attend as a daily spectator, those over age 16 will need to purchase a General Admission ticket. Please note: for the Historic Festival 36 Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free. Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2018 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
The General Admission, per-person ticket prices for the Historic Festival 36 weekend are:
- $23 Friday Ticket ($30 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
- $50 Saturday Ticket ($65 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
- $25 Sunday Ticket ($40 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
- $50 Race Day Ticket: Use Sat. Sept 1 or Mon. Sept 3 ($65 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
- $50 Monday Ticket ($65 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
- $125 Weekend Pass (Required if camping) ($165 if purchased after August 24, 2018 or at gate)
Historic Festival 36 Labor Day Weekend Schedule:
- Thursday, August 30 - General Camping & Reserved RV Opens at 12:00 P.M.; Vintage Race Car & Sports Car Parade departs from the track at 4 p.m.
- Friday, August 31: Practice and Qualifying
- Saturday, September 1: Racing
- Sunday, September 2: Sunday in the Park Concours d’Elegance & Gathering of the Marques enthusiast meet
- Sunday, September 2: The Lime Rock Auction presented by Dragone Auctions from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 3: Racing
- Tuesday, September 4: Camping/RV Closes at 12:00 P.M.
- A detailed race weekend schedule will be posted here once available
Ways to Enjoy the Historic Festival 36 Weekend:
- Spectate by day with General Admission tickets (your Sunday or Weekend admission ticket also allows you to park your special car in the Gathering of the Marques meet on Sunday)
- Make it a family weekend and camp inside the track with a tent or RV, Thursday - Tuesday
- Participate as an entrant in the Thursday Vintage Race Car & Sports Car Parade
- Participate as a racing entrant in the Historic Festival 36 race weekend
- Participate as an entrant in the Concours d’Elegance
- Participate in The Lime Rock Auction by consigning a vehicle or registering as a bidder
- Participate in an upgraded experience while at the track:
- Join the VIP Fan Hospitality tent on either race day, Saturday, September 1 and Monday, September 3
- Park in a Car Corral: brand-specific parking on Saturday, September 1 or Monday, September 3
- Maximize convenience with a Guaranteed Infield Parking pass on Saturday, September 1 or Monday, September 3
- Re-energize with the Park Pavilion Pass on on Saturday, September 1 or Monday, September 3
- Rent a private hilltop Cabana on Saturday, September 1 or Monday, September 3 (private catering is available)
- Host a hospitality for your group in a private tent
- Rent a golf cart for enhanced mobility
Read below for full information on what we’re talking about above, or if you know what you want, here are some quick links to purchase what you need. Don’t worry - once you click on an image and you’re at our ticket page, all of the options are available for you to add to your order.
Basic Rules & Regulations for Camping at the Track: (Required Weekend General Admission Ticket for camping and RV)
- Contained fires only (no campfires on the ground)
- Everyone camping MUST purchase a Weekend ticket
- One vehicle per spot in Family, General and Trackside (everything must be inside the 20x20 space)
- Tents ONLY in Pines; move vehicle to General Parking after unloading
- Enforced Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m. in Family Area
- Guest Services on site 24 hours
- No dogs or pets allowed
- Note: Lime Rock does not have RV, electric or water hook-ups anywhere on the property
- Conduct in the camping and RV areas that is not suitable to a family atmosphere will not be tolerated. Lime Rock Park reserves the right to prohibit banners, shirts and signs that are offensive. Violators whose conduct is inappropriate will be expelled from the facility without a refund
Camping at the Track, Option 1: General Campground
Lime Rock Park’s General Campground is open to all spectators with required Weekend admission passes and is comprised of four sections, sold by 20’ x 20’ spot (except for The Pines) reserved for the entire race weekend, Thursday, August 30 opening at noon - Tuesday, Sept. 4 closing at noon:
- $35 General Camping Area (256 spots): Located in the center of the campground with a very short walk to the restrooms and trackside fence line
- $50 Family Camping Area (41 spots): In a flat, grassy zone intended for those with little ones or who are looking for a more relaxed evening. Perks: located adjacent to the restrooms; Family Camping Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- $100 Trackside Camping Area (46 spots): The spots are a slice of racing heaven along the No Name Straight trackside fence line, just before the Uphill. Wake up to racecars and spend the day enjoying front-row seating!
- $25 Tent-Only Camping in “The Pines” (20 spots): Keeping with the natural beauty of Lime Rock Park, this is tent-only camping in the area under the shady trees right behind Spectator Hill. You will not be assigned a specific space, but you will be able to reserve space under the Pines. Note: You may drive into the area to unload your car and then you will be required to park your vehicle in general parking – just a short distance past the bathrooms!
- In the General, Family and Trackside Camping areas, RVs and Tents are permitted (tents only in “The Pines”)
Camping at the Track, Option 2: Trackside and Non-Trackside Reserved RV Parking Areas (Required Weekend General Admission Ticket for RV camping)
Want to fall asleep to the smells of a campfire by your RV and wake up to the sounds of vintage racing, with the convenience of RV-only parking? Reserved RV parking at Lime Rock Park gives fans the chance to be completely immersed in the event on the major race weekends, amongst other RVs completely separate from the General Campground.
- The Trackside Reserved RV camping area overlooks the back stretch of Lime Rock Park, and is packed with arguably the most passionate fans and a front row view of the Back Straight, West Bend and the Downhill turn.
- The Non-Trackside Reserved RV camping area is open for purchase only once the Trackside area is full and is located at the Skid Pad, adjacent to the Trackside area
- Lime Rock Park does not offer electric or water hookup facilities in our RV area, however there are bathrooms and showers available on site. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203-748-6906
- RV Camping begins on Thursday, August 30 opening at noon and continues to Tuesday, September 5 closing at noon
- No tent camping allowed in reserved RV Spots
Participate in the Historic Festival racing, Sunday in the Park Concours d’Elegance or The Lime Rock Auction
Optional Experiences and Upgrades - More Fun!
If you’re ready to attend the Historic Festival 36 Labor Day Weekend racing event at Lime Rock but want to add something unique to your experience, consider one of the following:
- VIP Fan Hospitality Tent: For both race days, Saturday, September 1 and Monday, September 3, any attending fan can buy a pass into the exclusive tent located in Hospitality Village overlooking nearly half of the track! You may purchase your pass either with admission included or without (for those who already have their G.A. ticket but want to upgrade, or in instances where you aren’t required to purchase a G.A. ticket, i.e. if you are a current or former member of the U.S. Military.) The VIP Fan Hospitality Tent includes shaded seating, continental breakfast, buffet lunch, special guest appearances, “hot lap” drawing, a personalized paddock tour, an event bag and Guaranteed Infield Parking. Passes are available in advance only and must be purchased by 8/24/17. The cost of a pass per day to this experience is:
- $30 for a Kids Hospitality Pass, for those age 16 and under (G.A. ticket not required)
- $145 for an Adult Hospitality & Admission Pass
- $95 for an Adult Hospitality-only Pass, general admission not included
- Car Corrals: On Saturday, 9/1 and Monday, 9/3, Lime Rock Park will host Car Corral parking areas for owners of specific vehicle brands to park together and enjoy camaraderie, convenient infield parking and often special experiences such as parade laps or driver meet-and-greets. Keep an eye on this section, which will be updated as the Historic Festival 36 Car Corrals are announced for the public. Typically, the Car Corral passes start at $20 per car, not including General Admission; certain corrals are sometimes at a higher price point should they include hospitality or other special items.
- Guaranteed Infield Parking: Though General Admission includes parking at no additional cost, how close you park to the spectator area depends on what time you arrive. For both race days, Saturday, September 1 and Monday, September 3, you may purchase this pass that guarantees you parking inside the track. When you park inside the track, you are close to the spectator area, which is very convenient for families - or just for those that would prefer a guaranteed easy walk with your stuff! Guaranteed Infield Parking passes are $25 per car per day, and are available only in advance.
- Rent a Cabana: Hauling your pop-up tent, chairs, and all the rest of your gear from the car to the Spectator Hillside isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, even if it’s only a short walk. If you have a small group and would like the convenience of a private, shaded seating area on top of Spectator Hillside, consider getting everyone to chip in and rent a private Cabana! Cabanas are 9’ x 10’ pro-grade pole frame tents with four chairs, setup by your friendly Lime Rock Park staff and volunteers long before you show up. Once you rent your cabana and have your admission passes, all you need to do is arrive! There are 10 private Cabanas available for both race days, Saturday, September 1 and Monday, September 3 of Historic Festival 35 at a cost of $325 per cabana per day. You can even order catering and adult beverages to be delivered to the Cabana by calling the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 and asking for Mark Mazzeo, our Catering Director.
- Private Hospitality for your Group: If you represent a large group that would like to host a private hospitality experience at the Historic Festival 36 event, congratulations! With the onsite Lime Rock Catering and oodles of flat, grassy spots with a view, it’s easy to host the ultimate private event for your business, family or club. Call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 to speak with one of our friendly staffers about your options - we’re here to help!
- Golf Carts: Lime Rock Park provides free courtesy golf cart shuttle rides to all spectators to and from key locations at the track. Should you require a personal golf cart rental for the event, they can be arranged by calling W&B Golf Cars at 1 (518) 851-2266
Now that you know what your options are, click on the links up top to purchase the tickets and passes that are right for you. Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 1 (860) 435-5000 - we’re here to help!
If you are a vintage racer interested in applying for race entry, and/or the parade or Sunday in the Park, visit: http://limerock.com/historicfestivalparticipant