Celebrate The Unofficial Start of Summer!
The Pirelli World Challenge Grand Prix of Lime Rock powered by M & Sunday Royals' Garage Car Show
Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday, May 25-28, 2018
This Is Lime Rock’s Traditional Memorial Day Weekend Season Opener
There's no better place to spend Memorial Day weekend than Lime Rock Park.
Come for the fun, family-friendly activities, great food and, of course, fast cars!
When it comes to sprint GT racing in North America, no championship does it better than the Pirelli World Challenge (PWC) Grand Prix of Lime Rock powered by M. Lime Rock Park's traditional Memorial Day weekend of races features all six PWC classes competing in short, fender-banging races, from the wild GT3 Acuras, Cadillacs, Audis, BMWs, Astons, AMGs, Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos and McLarens to the GT4 Mustangs, Camaros, Maseratis and Caymans – plus the showroom stock Mazdas, Hondas, Minis, Kias and Sonics. Lime Rock's popular season opener is always a feast of Fun 'n' Fast!
Enjoy four days of Memorial Day Memories! Camp at the park or relax at one of the many charming accommodations that dot the surrounding Berkshire and Litchfield Hills. Activities start on Friday (May 25) as PWC gets going with practice and qualifying sprints. On Saturday (May 26), things rev up with all-day racing excitement. With nearly 300 cars on display, the Royals Garage Sunday Car Show (May 27) is a laid-back experience. Racing revs up again on Memorial Day Monday (May 28) as we honor all servicemen and women.
Honoring The Military: At Lime Rock Park, Veterans and Active Military receive FREE General Admission into all major racing events. On Memorial Day Weekend events, FREE General Admission is also extended to the immediate family members accompanying Veterans and Active Military as just one of the ways that we honor and support those who have served and are serving our country. Please bring proof of service to ticketing booths upon arrival.
Reserve Your Tickets: Youths 16 and under are FREE at all major racing events. General outfield parking, courtesy golf cart shuttle rides and paddock access are FREE too. To attend as a daily spectator, those over age 16 are required to purchase a ticket. Tickets are available at the gate or in advance. Ticketing options include daily General Admission Ticket, Flex Ticket for access either Saturday or Monday, Sunday Car Show Ticket, Weekend Pass, VIP Fan Pass and Insiders Club Season Pass. Reservations can also be made for Camping with a Weekend Pass, Car Corral Parking with ticket or pass, Semi-Private Cabana with ticket or pass, and Private Hospitality Tent with tickets or passes. Visit the TICKETING page for more details or call a customer service representative Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm EST at 860.435.5000.
- Thursday, May 24: General Camping & Reserved RV Opens at 12:00 P.M.
- Friday, May 25: Practice/Qualifying
- Saturday, May 26: Racing
- Sunday, May 27: Royals Garage Sunday Car Show and Farm-To-Track Picnic & Pig Roast
- Monday, May 28: Racing
- Tuesday, May 29: Camping/RV Closes at 12:00 P.M.
Friday, May 25, 2018
7:00a Main Entrance Open
8:00a – 9:15a Track Walk
10:05a – 10:45a Practice PWC TCR & TCA
11:00a – 11:40a Practice PWC TC
11:55a – 12:35p Practice PWC TCR & TCA
12:50p – 1:30p Practice PWC TC
1:30p – 2:30p Lunch
2:30p – 3:25p Practice PWC GT SprintX
3:40p – 3:55p Qualify PWC TCA
4:00p – 4:15 Qualify PWC TCR
4:20p – 5:15p Practice PWC GTS SprintX
5:30p – 5:50p Qualify PWC TC
Saturday, May 26, 2018
7:00a Outfield & Main Entrance Open
9:05a – 9:35a Practice/Qualify 1 Lime Rock Drivers Club
9:50a – 10:35a Practice GTS SprintX
10:00a – 10:30a Fan Grid Walk (False Grid)
10:40a – 10:45a Color Guard, National Anthem & Invocation
10:50a – 11:30a Race 1 PWC TCR
11:45a – 12:30a Practice GT SprintX
12:45p – 1:25p Race 1 PWC TC
1:25p – 2:25p Lunch/Hot Laps/Car Corrals
2:00p – 2:45p TC Driver Autograph Session (Midway)
2:25p – 2:45p Qualify PWC GTS SprintX
3:00p – 3:20p Qualify PWC GT SprintX
3:35p – 4:15p Race 2 PWC TCR/TCA
4:20p – 5:10p Race 1 Lime Rock Drivers Club
5:15p – 5:55p Race 2 PWC TC
Monday, May 28, 2018
7:00a Outfield & Main Entrance Open
9:05a – 9:35a Practice/Qualify 2 Lime Rock Drivers Club
9:40a – 9:45a Flyover: 2 F-15C Eagles, 104th Fighter Wing, Barnes ANG Base, MA
9:45a – 9:50a Color Guard, National Anthem & Invocation
9:55a – 10:55a Race 1 PWC GTS SprintX
11:05a – 11:25 Pre-Race PWC GT SprintX
11:25a – 12:25p Race 1 PWC GT SprintX
12:25p – 1:25p Lunch/Hot Laps
1:00p – 1:45p GT Driver Autograph Session (Midway)
1:25p – 1:55p Race 2 Lime Rock Drivers Club
2:15p – 2:25p Pre-Race PWC GTS
2:25p – 3:25p Race 2 PWC GTS SprintX
3:35p – 4:05p Car Corral
3:45p – 4:05p Pre-Race PWC GT SprintX
4:05p – 5:05p Race 2 PWC GT SprintX
Speed & Skill On The Track
At Lime Rock during Memorial Day weekend, the Pirelli World Challenge (PWC) series brings together all six PWC classes: GT/GTA, GTS, GT Cup, plus the three Touring Car classes – TC, TCA and TCB. The challenge's featured class is GT, which are production-based cars in the international GT3 specification from manufacturers, including Cadillac, Bentley, Acura, Nissan, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes and more. (GTA cars are of the same type, but raced by high-level amateurs, not professionals.) The GTS cars are run to the less expensive international GT4 rules, and include Camaros, Mustangs, Audi TT and the like. GT Cup are the international spec-racer Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris. The Touring Car classes are for smaller-engined BMWs, Porsches, Mustangs, Hondas, Mazdas, Chevrolets, Minis, Nissans and KIAs.
Beauties & Beasts On Display
The Royals' Garage Sunday Car Show is held on Sunday, May 27, 2018, and for the ninth year, this event has become a staple of Lime Rock Park's Memorial Day Weekend festivities. A hometown show run by the Royals family of Connecticut and Lime Rock Park, all types of cars and car enthusiasts are welcome. Stroll the track's Sam Posey Straight and admire the muscle cars, import/tuners, street rods, motorcycles, classic cars, antiques, race cars, trucks, new and cool cares, and even some homemade wheeled contraptions. Tickets to the car show are $5 sold individually or part of the Weekend Pass. Proceeds are donated to Lime Rock Park's 2018 Official Charity: The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Farm-To-Track Picnic & Pig Roast
During the Sunday Royals Car Show, join us for the first-ever Farm-To-Track Picnic and Pig Roast (12:30-2:00 p.m.) Enjoy a family-styled pig roast, barbecue and fresh locally sourced foods all while dining at our communal picnic table on the track's Front Straight. This will be an interactive, farmer hosted experience where you'll dine among unique cars. Seating is limited. Tickets are $45 in advance, $55 at the door. To learn more about the picnic, visit http://limerock.com/farm2track
Fun, Food, Families & Friends
For more than 60 years, families and friends have been attending races at Lime Rock Park. On Memorial Day Weekend, the tradition continues with you! Sit along the grassy hillsides surrounding the historic road race course while watching the action below. Bring a blanket, folding chairs and a cooler for a picnic in the park. Enjoy good eats like the signature sandwiches and sliders with a cold beverage at one of the concession stands. The Harpoon Brewery Tent serves up their locally crafted beers on tap. Food trucks, vendors and family-friendly activities can be found in the Midway. Get up-close to the action and visit the paddocks, meet the drivers and teams, get autographs and take pictures.
There are numerous ways to experience Memorial Day Weekend at Lime Rock. Come for the day and with General Admission or Sunday Car Show tickets. Make it a family weekend and camp inside the track with a tent, camper or RV. Enhance your fan experience with one of the upgrade options such as a VIP Fan Pass that gives you access to the food and shade of the Hospitality Tent during Saturday and Monday races. Park your brand- or color-specific car in the infield Car Corral parking area during Saturday and Monday races. Park closer to the action with a reserved and guaranteed Infield Parking pass. Rent a semi-private hilltop Cabana with optional private catering during Saturday or Monday races. Host your group all weekend long in a private Hospitality Tent. See below for more details on upgrades and enhancements.
Tickets, Passes, Upgrades & Camping
Memorial Day Weekend at Lime Rock Park:
Pirelli World Challenge (May 25-26,28)
& Sunday Royals' Garage Car Show (May 27)
►Free Admission To Veterans & Active Military Plus Their Immediate Family Members
►Free Admission For All Youths 16 & Younger
Purchase your tickets online or by phone before May 18, 2018 and save. Rates are based on per-person ticket prices for the 2018 PWC Memorial Day Weekend.
- $23 Friday Ticket ($30 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
- $45 Saturday Ticket ($60 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
- $5 Sunday Car Show Ticket ($10 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
- $45 Race Day Flex Ticket - Use Sat. May 26 or Mon. May 28 ($60 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
- $45 Monday Ticket ($60 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
- $95 Weekend Pass: Required if camping. ($125 if purchased after May 18 or at gate)
CLICK HERE for ticketing details or call Mon. - Fri. 9am to 5pm EST at 860.435.5000
Experiences & Upgrades:
If you’re ready to attend to the PWC Memorial Day Weekend racing event at Lime Rock but want to add something unique to your experience, consider one of the following:
- VIP Fan Hospitality Tent Pass: For race days, Saturday (May 26) and/or Monday (May 28), any attending fan can purchase a pass into the exclusive VIP tent located in Hospitality Village overlooking nearly half of the track. You may purchase your pass either with general admission (G.A.) included or without. For those who already have their G.A. ticket or in instances where you aren’t required to purchase a G.A. ticket (ex. U.S. Military), upgrade to a Hospitality-Only Pass. The VIP Fan Hospitality Tent includes shaded seating, Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, special guest appearances, “hot lap” drawing, a personalized paddock tour, an event bag and Guaranteed Infield Parking. Passes are available in advance only and must be purchased by 5/18/18. The cost of a pass to this experience is:
- $30 for a Kids Hospitality Pass, for those age 16 and under (G.A. ticket not required)
- $185 for an Adult Hospitality & Admission Pass
- $140 for an Adult Hospitality-only Pass, general admission not included
- Car Corral Infield Parking: On Saturday, May 26, and Monday, May 28, Lime Rock Park will host Car Corral parking areas for owners of specific vehicle brands to park together and enjoy camaraderie, convenient infield parking and often special experiences such as parade laps or driver meet-and-greets during Lime Rock’s season opener, Pirelli World Challenge. Details to follow
- Guaranteed Infield Parking: Though General Admission includes parking at no additional cost, how close you park to the spectator area depends on what time you arrive. On race day, Saturday, May 26, and Monday. May 28 you may purchase this pass that guarantees you parking inside the track. When you park inside the track, you are close to the spectator area, which is very convenient for families - or just for those that would prefer a guaranteed easy walk with your stuff! Guaranteed Infield Parking passes are $25 per car, and available only in advance
- Park Pavilion Pass: Even with the growing number of trees on the spectator hillsides, there are times when you might not be able to take advantage of them when it’s hot and sunny. So we’ve come up with a ticket-upgrade option called the “Park Pavilion Pass.” It not only gives you a way to get out of the sun whenever you want to on Saturday, May 26, or Monday, May 28, it’s “spiked” with extra benefits! A big, nice tent gives you a break from the sun – plus all the Crystal Rock Bottled Water you want. Similar to Disney World, the Park Pavilion Pass gives you access to the “Fast-Pass Line” at Harpoon Tavern. You get an instant 30% discount at the three Food Concession stands. You get an instant 15% discount at the Merchandise Store in A Paddock. If you already have Admission to Lime Rock, the Park Pavilion Pass upgrade costs $35.
- Semi-Private Cabanas: Hauling your pop-up tent, chairs, and all the rest of your gear from the car to the Spectator Hillside isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, even if it’s only a short walk. If you have a small group and would like the convenience of a private, shaded seating area on top of Spectator Hillside, consider splitting the costs in order to experience the comfort of a shaded seating area. Cabanas are 9-foot-by-10-foot, professional-grade framed tents with four chairs, set up by your friendly Park staff long before you show up. Once you rent your cabana and have your admission passes, all you need to do is arrive! There are 10 private Cabanas available for Saturday of the PWC Memorial Day Weekend event at a cost of $325 per cabana. You can even order catering and adult beverages to be delivered to the cabana by pre-ordering with Mark Mazzeo, Lime Rock Park Catering Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.435.5000.
- Private Hospitality Tent: If you represent a large group that would like to host a private hospitality experience at the PWC Memorial Day Weekend race event, congratulations! With the onsite Lime Rock Catering and oodles of flat, grassy spots with a view, it’s easy to host the ultimate private event for your business, family or club. Call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 to speak with one of our friendly staffers about your options - we’re here to help
- Personal Shuttles: Lime Rock Park provides free courtesy golf cart shuttle rides to all spectators to and from key locations at the track. Should you want a personal golf cart rental for the event, they can be reserved in advance by making arrangements with W&B Golf Cars at 518.851.2266. Supplies are limited and advanced reservations are required.
CLICK HERE for ticketing details or call Mon. - Fri. 9am to 5pm EST at 860.435.5000
Fall asleep to the smells of a campfire and wake up to the sounds of racing. It's Memorial Day Weekend so bring the RV, camper or pitch a tent in the center of the action on Lime Rock Park's Infield and Trackside Campgrounds. Reserve your spot in advance as spaces will sell well in advance to race day.
GENERAL CAMPGROUND: Visit the General Campground Reservation page to get detailed information on how to camp Lime Rock, including an interactive general campground map with real-time information on available sites. The General Campground is open to all spectators with Weekend Admission Passes and is comprised of four sections with 20-foot-by-20-foot spots (except for The Pines). Spots must be reserved for the entire race weekend, Thursday, May 24 opening at Noon - Tuesday, May 29 closing at Noon. RVs and tents are permitted within the general, family and trackside camping area while tents are only permitted within The Pines camping area. Bathrooms and showers available on site.
- $35 General Camping Area (256 spots): Located in the center of the campground with a very short walk to the restrooms and trackside fence line
- $50 Family Camping Area (41 spots): In a flat, grassy zone intended for those with little ones or who are looking for a more relaxed evening. Perks: located adjacent to the restrooms; Family Camping Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- $100 Trackside Camping Area (46 spots): The spots are a slice of racing heaven along the No Name Straight trackside fence line, just before the Uphill. Wake up to the excitement unfolding and spend the day enjoying your front-row seats!
- $25 Tent-Only Camping in “The Pines” (20 spots): Keeping with the natural beauty of Lime Rock Park, this is tent-only camping in the area under the shady trees right behind Spectator Hill. You will not be assigned a specific space, but you will be able to reserve space under the Pines. Note: You may drive into the area to unload your car and then you will be required to park your vehicle in general parking – just a short distance past the bathrooms!
RV PARKING AREAS: Visit the RV Parking Reservation page to get detailed information on how to bring your RV to Lime Rock, including a RV parking map that shows available sites. Bring your RV and become completely immersed in the fanfare of major race weekends and amongst other RVs completely separate from the General Campground. The RV-only parking areas are open to RV campers with Weekend Admission Passes. RV-only parking spots are available by reservation only and no tent pitching is allowed. RV Camping begins on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. and ends Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
- Trackside Reserved RV-Only Parking Area: Overlooks the back stretch of Lime Rock Park, and is packed with arguably the most passionate fans and a front row view of the Back Straight, West Bend and the Downhill turn
- Non-Trackside Reserved RV: Open for purchase only once the Trackside RV area is full and is located at the Skid Pad, adjacent to the Trackside area
- Lime Rock Park does not offer electric or water hookup facilities in our RV area, however there are bathrooms and showers available on site. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203.748.6906
- No tent camping allowed in reserved RV Parking Areas
Rules & Regulations for Camping: Contained fires only (no campfires on the ground). Everyone camping MUST purchase a Weekend ticket. One vehicle per spot in Family, General and Trackside (everything must be inside the 20x20 space). Tents ONLY in Pines; move vehicle to General Parking after unloading. Enforced Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m. in Family Area. Guest Services on site 24 hours. No dogs or pets allowed. Lime Rock does not have RV, electric or water hook-ups anywhere on the property. Conduct in the camping and RV areas that is not suitable to a family atmosphere will not be tolerated. Lime Rock Park reserves the right to prohibit banners, shirts and signs that are offensive. Violators whose conduct is inappropriate will be expelled from the facility without a refund. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203.748.6906
Now that you know what your options are, click on the graphics below to purchase your tickets and passes that are right for you. Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 860.435.5000 Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm to speak with a ticketing specialist.