Memorial Day Weekend
Pirelli World Challenge (all 7 divisions) & Sunday Royals Car Show
Lime Rock’s Traditional Memorial Day Weekend Season Opener
The Pirelli World Challenge & 8th Annual Sunday Royals' Garage Car Show
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, May 26-28, 2017
For PWC Memorial Day Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free (immediate family included). Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2017 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
At Lime Rock for Memorial Day weekend, the Pirelli World Challenge series brings all seven PWC classes: GT, GTA, GTS, GT Cup, plus the three Touring Car classes – TC, TCA and TCB.
PWC's featured class is GT, which are production-based cars in the international GT-3 specification from manufacturers including Cadillac, Bentley, Acura, Nissan, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes and more. (GTA cars are of the same type, but raced by high-level amatuers, not professionals.) The GTS cars are run to the less expensive international GT-4 rules, and include Camaros, Mustangs, Audi TT and the like. GT Cup are the international spec-racer Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris. The Touring Car classes are for smaller-engined BMWs, Porsches, Mustangs, Hondas, Mazdas, Chevrolets, Minis, Nissans and KIAs.
Each division has two races over the weekend.
All the GT-class races at Lime Rock are being run in the new, exciting "SprintX" format: 60 minutes long, with a mandatory driver swap and tire change at 25 minutes.
PWC Memorial Day Weekend Schedule:
- Thursday, May 25 - General Camping & Reserved RV Opens at 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 26 - Practice and Qualifying
- Saturday, May 27 - Racing
- Sunday, May 28 - Royals Garage Sunday Car Show and Camping/RV Closes at 12:00 p.m.
- A detailed race weekend schedule will be posted here once available
Ways to Enjoy PWC Memorial Day Weekend:
- Spectate with General Admission tickets
- Make it a family weekend and camp inside the track with a tent, camper or RV, Thursday through noontime Sunday
- Participate in an upgraded fan experience while at the track:
- Join the VIP Mohegan Sun Fan Hospitality tent on race day, Saturday, May 27
- Park in a Car Corral: brand-specific parking on Friday, 5/26 and Saturday, 5/27, or...
- Maximize convenience with a Guaranteed Infield Parking pass (arrive as late as you want, because we save your spot)
- Rent a private hilltop Cabana on Saturday, May 27 (private catering is available, too)
- Host a hospitality for your group in a private tent
For full information on Tickets, Car Corrals, Mohegan Sun Fan Hospitality, click on the images below
Ready to plan your Memorial Day Weekend at Lime Rock Park? Here are your options:
Spectate by Day with General Admission Tickets:
To attend as a daily spectator, those over age 16 will need to purchase a General Admission ticket. Please note, for PWC Memorial Day Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free with up to four members of your immediate family. Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2017 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
The General Admission, per-person ticket prices for the 2017 PWC Memorial Day Weekend are:
- $23 Friday Ticket ($30 if purchased after 5/19/17 or at the gate)
- $45 Saturday Ticket ($60 if purchased after 5/19/17 or at the gate)
- $5 Sunday Car Show Ticket ($10 if purchased after 5/19/17 or at the gate)
- $60 Weekend Pass (Required if camping)($75 if purchased after 5/19/17 or at the gate)
Basic Rules & Regulations for Camping at the Track:
- Contained fires only (no campfires on the ground)
- Everyone camping MUST purchase a Weekend ticket
- One vehicle per spot in Family, General and Trackside (everything must be inside the 20x20 space)
- Tents ONLY in Pines; move vehicle to General Parking after unloading
- Enforced Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m. in Family Area
- Guest Services on site 24 hours
- No dogs or pets allowed
- Note: Lime Rock does not have RV, electric or water hook-ups anywhere on the property
- Conduct in the camping and RV areas that is not suitable to a family atmosphere will not be tolerated. Lime Rock Park reserves the right to prohibit banners, shirts and signs that are offensive. Violators whose conduct is inappropriate will be expelled from the facility without a refund
Camping at the Track, Option 1: General Campground
Lime Rock Park’s General Campground is open to all spectators with Weekend admission passes and is comprised of four sections, sold by 20’ x 20’ spot (except for The Pines) reserved for the entire race weekend, Thursday, May 25 opening at noon - Sunday, May 28 closing at noon:
- $35 General Camping Area (256 spots): Located in the center of the campground with a very short walk to the restrooms and trackside fence line
- $50 Family Camping Area (41 spots): In a flat, grassy zone intended for those with little ones or who are looking for a more relaxed evening. Perks: located adjacent to the restrooms; Family Camping Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- $100 Trackside Camping Area (46 spots): The spots are a slice of racing heaven along the No Name Straight trackside fence line, just before the Uphill. Wake up to racecars and spend the day enjoying front-row seating!
- $25 Tent-Only Camping in “The Pines” (20 spots): Keeping with the natural beauty of Lime Rock Park, this is tent-only camping in the area under the shady trees right behind Spectator Hill. You will not be assigned a specific space, but you will be able to reserve space under the Pines. Note: You may drive into the area to unload your car and then you will be required to park your vehicle in general parking – just a short distance past the bathrooms!
- In the General, Family and Trackside Camping areas, RVs and Tents are permitted (tents only in “The Pines”)
Camping at the Track, Option 2: Trackside and Non-Trackside Reserved RV Parking Areas
Want to fall asleep to the smells of a campfire by your RV and wake up to the sounds of racing, with the convenience of RV-only parking? Reserved RV parking at Lime Rock Park gives fans the chance to be completely immersed in the event on the major race weekends, amongst other RVs completely separate from the General Campground.
- The Trackside Reserved RV camping area overlooks the back stretch of Lime Rock Park, and is packed with arguably the most passionate fans and a front row view of the Back Straight, West Bend and the Downhill turn.
- The Non-Trackside Reserved RV camping area is open for purchase only once the Trackside area is full and is located at the Skid Pad, adjacent to the Trackside area
- Lime Rock Park does not offer electric or water hookup facilities in our RV area, however there are bathrooms and showers available on site. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203.748.6906
- RV Camping begins on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. and ends Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
- No tent camping allowed in reserved RV Spots
Optional Experiences and Upgrades - More Fun!
If you’re ready to attend to the PWC Memorial Day Weekend racing event at Lime Rock but want to add something unique to your experience, consider one of the following:
- VIP Fan Hospitality Tent: For race day, Saturday, May 27, any attending fan can buy a pass into the exclusive tent located in Hospitality Village overlooking nearly half of the track! You may purchase your pass either with admission included or without (for those who already have their G.A. ticket but want to upgrade, or in instances where you aren’t required to purchase a G.A. ticket, i.e., if you are a current or former member of the U.S. Military.) The VIP Fan Hospitality Tent includes shaded seating, continental breakfast, buffet lunch, special guest appearances, “hot lap” drawing, a personalized paddock tour and an event bag. Passes are available in advance only and must be purchased by 5/19/17. The cost of a pass to this experience is:
- $30 for a Kids Hospitality Pass, for those age 16 and under (G.A. ticket not required)
- $185 for an Adult Hospitality & Admission Pass
- $140 for an Adult Hospitality-only Pass, general admission not included
- Car Corrals: Car Corrals: On Friday, 5/26 and Saturday, 5/27, Lime Rock Park will host Car Corral parking areas for owners of specific vehicle brands to park together and enjoy camaraderie, convenient infield parking and often special experiences such as parade laps or driver meet-and-greets. There are five different Car Corrals as part of Lime Rock’s season opener, Pirelli World Challenge May 26-27. Click on the following links for details on each!
- Click here for the Red, White & Blue Corral if your car is any of those colors (includes special parking and limited parade laps)
- Click here if you have an American Muscle car, from the 1950s to brand new (includes special parking and limited parade laps)
- Click here if you have a Porsche to park in the Porsche Corral (includes special parking and limited parade laps)
- If you have a Lotus, KRÜGSPEED Racing has a special corral with special items they’re inviting you to...
- And the Mazda Corral enthusiasts are pulling out all the stops for the PWC weekend with special items...
- Note: With the exception of Mazda, Car Corrals are an additional cost above the required purchase of a General Admission ticket.
- Note: If you’re coming for a Car Corral on Saturday, consider also entering your vehicle in the Sunday Royals’ Garage Car Show the following day! For more information on the Car Show, click here or give us a call at 1 (860) 435-5000.
- Guaranteed Infield Parking: Though General Admission includes parking at no additional cost, how close you park to the spectator area depends on what time you arrive. On race day, Saturday, 5/27, you may purchase this pass that guarantees you parking inside the track. When you park inside the track, you are close to the spectator area, which is very convenient for families - or just for those that would prefer a guaranteed easy walk with your stuff! Guaranteed Infield Parking passes are $25 per car, and available only in advance
- Rent a Cabana: Hauling your pop-up tent, chairs, and all the rest of your gear from the car to the Spectator Hillside isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, even if it’s only a short walk. If you have a small group and would like the convenience of a private, shaded seating area on top of Spectator Hillside, consider getting everyone to chip in and rent a private Cabana! Cabanas are 9’ x 10’ pro-grade pole frame tents with four chairs, setup by your friendly Lime Rock Park staff and volunteers long before you show up. Once you rent your cabana and have your admission passes, all you need to do is arrive! There are 10 private Cabanas available for Saturday of the PWC Memorial Day Weekend event at a cost of $325 per cabana. You can even order catering and adult beverages to be delivered to the Cabana by calling the Track Office at 860.435.5000 and asking for Mark Mazzeo, our Catering Director
- Private Hospitality for your Group: If you represent a large group that would like to host a private hospitality experience at the PWC Memorial Day Weekend race event, congratulations! With the onsite Lime Rock Catering and oodles of flat, grassy spots with a view, it’s easy to host the ultimate private event for your business, family or club. Call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 to speak with one of our friendly staffers about your options - we’re here to help
- Free Shuttles: Lime Rock Park provides free courtesy golf cart shuttle rides to all spectators to and from key locations at the track. (Should you want a personal golf cart rental for the event, they can be arranged well in advance of the event by calling W&B Golf Cars at 518.851.2266, limited supply
Now that you know what your options are, click on the links up top to purchase the tickets and passes that are right for you. Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 1 (860) 435-5000 - we’re here to help!