Trans Am by Pirelli & SVRA & Royals' Garage Car Show
Friday, May 24 - Monday, May 27, 2019
For Tickets: Holiday Pricing Available Starting On Black Friday (Nov. 23, 2018) CLICK HERE TO ORDER
About This Event
New in 2019, the Trans Am Series by Pirelli and the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) will headline the track's 2019 season opening event. Enjoy mixing modern and vintage race cars on the same weekend as the Trans Am event will also include racing by the SVRA. Activities start on Friday (May 24, 2019) as Trans Am series by Pirelli and SVRA are on track with practice and qualifying. On Saturday (May 27), things rev up with all-day racing excitement. With nearly 300 cars on display, the Royals Garage Sunday Car Show (May 26) is a laid-back experience. Racing revs up again on Memorial Day Monday (May 27) as we honor all servicemen and women.
Sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, Trans Am features 70-plus car grids populated by Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Corvettes — a massive dose of pure Americana with a touch of nostalgia. The Trans Am Series began igniting the passion of motorsports fans in 1966 and has been home to some of the greatest names in road racing. Today, Trans Am continues to honor its legacy, while challenging the status quo in racing through a driver-oriented focus and fan-focused events. Visit http://gotransam.com for more.
From 200 mph Indy and Formula 1 cars to classic Jaguars and Porsches, SVRA events provide a “rolling history” of motorsport. Yet these vintage race cars are from more recent decades than the VSCCA cars that race here during the Labor Day Historic Festival. SVRA is one of the oldest organizations in vintage racing, and the only one with a national presence, offering endurance racing events across the country. Visit https://svra.com for more.
Royals Garage Car Show
The tenth annual Royals' Garage Sunday Car Show will be held on Sunday, May 26, 2019. This hometown show run by the Royals family of Connecticut and Lime Rock Park features all types of cars. Stroll the track's Sam Posey Straight and admire the muscle cars, import/tuners, street rods, classic cars, race cars and more. Tickets are $5 sold individually or part of the Weekend Pass. Proceeds are donated to Lime Rock Park's official charity, which will soon be announced for 2019.
Farm-To-Track Picnic & Pig Roast
During the Sunday Royals Car Show, join us for the first-ever Farm-To-Track Picnic and Pig Roast (12:30-2:00 p.m.) Enjoy a family-styled pig roast, barbecue and fresh locally sourced foods all while dining at our communal picnic table on the track's Front Straight. This will be an interactive, farmer hosted experience where you'll dine among unique cars. Seating is limited. Tickets are $45 in advance, $55 at the door.
Event Schedule At-A-Glance
- Thursday, May 23: General Camping & Reserved RV Opens at 12:00 P.M.
- Friday, May 24: Practice/Qualifying
- Saturday, May 25: Racing
- Sunday, May 26: Royals Garage Sunday Car Show and Farm-To-Track Picnic & Pig Roast
- Monday, May 27: Racing
- Tuesday, May 28: Camping/RV Closes at 12:00 P.M.
Event Tickets & Passes
Free Admission To Veterans & Active Military Plus - on Memomorial Day Weekend Only - Their Immediate Family Members
At Lime Rock Park, Veterans and Active Military receive FREE General Admission into all major racing events. On Memorial Day Weekend events, FREE General Admission is also extended to the immediate family members accompanying Veterans and Active Military as just one of the ways that we honor and support those who have served and are serving our country. Please bring proof of service to ticketing booths upon arrival.
Youths 16 and under are FREE at all major racing events. General outfield parking, courtesy golf cart shuttle rides and paddock access are FREE too.
To attend as a daily spectator, those over age 16 are required to purchase a ticket. Tickets are available at the gate or in advance. Ticketing options include daily General Admission Ticket, Flex Ticket for access either Saturday or Monday, Sunday Car Show Ticket, Weekend Pass, VIP Fan Pass and Insiders Club Season Pass. Reservations can also be made for Camping with a Weekend Pass, Car Corral Parking with ticket or pass, Semi-Private Cabana with ticket or pass, and Private Hospitality Tent with tickets or passes. For more information, call a customer service representative Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm EST at 860.435.5000.
If you’re ready to attend to the Memorial Day Weekend racing event at Lime Rock but want to add something unique to your experience, consider one of the following:
- VIP Fan Hospitality Tent Pass: For race days, Saturday and/or Monday, any attending fan can purchase a pass into the exclusive VIP tent located in Hospitality Village overlooking nearly half of the track. You may purchase your pass either with general admission (G.A.) included or without. For those who already have their G.A. ticket or in instances where you aren’t required to purchase a G.A. ticket (ex. U.S. Military), upgrade to a Hospitality-Only Pass. The VIP Fan Hospitality Tent includes shaded seating, Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, special guest appearances, “hot lap” drawing, a personalized paddock tour, an event bag and Guaranteed Infield Parking. Passes are available in advance only and must be purchased by 5/17/19. The cost of a pass to this experience is:
- $30 for a Kids Hospitality Pass, for those age 16 and under (G.A. ticket not required)
- $185 for an Adult Hospitality & Admission Pass
- $140 for an Adult Hospitality-only Pass, general admission not included
- Car Corral Infield Parking: On Saturday and Monday, Lime Rock Park will host Car Corral parking areas for owners of specific vehicle brands to park together and enjoy camaraderie, convenient infield parking and often special experiences such as parade laps or driver meet-and-greets during Lime Rock’s season opener, Trans Am presented by Pirelli. Keep an eye on this section, which will be updated as the Trans Am Car Corrals are announced for the public. Typically, the Car Corral passes start at $30 per car, not including General Admission; certain corrals are sometimes at a higher price point should they include hospitality or other special items.
- Guaranteed Infield Parking: Though General Admission includes parking at no additional cost, how close you park to the spectator area depends on what time you arrive. On race day, Saturday and Monday. you may purchase this pass that guarantees you parking inside the track. When you park inside the track, you are close to the spectator area, which is very convenient for families - or just for those that would prefer a guaranteed easy walk with your stuff! Guaranteed Infield Parking passes are $25 per car, and available only in advance
- Park Pavilion Pass: Even with the growing number of trees on the spectator hillsides, there are times when you might not be able to take advantage of them when it’s hot and sunny. So we’ve come up with a ticket-upgrade option called the “Park Pavilion Pass.” It not only gives you a way to get out of the sun whenever you want to on Saturday or Monday, it’s “spiked” with extra benefits! A big, nice tent gives you a break from the sun – plus all the Crystal Rock Bottled Water you want. Similar to Disney World, the Park Pavilion Pass gives you access to the “Fast-Pass Line” at Harpoon Tavern. You get an instant 30% discount at the three Food Concession stands. You get an instant 15% discount at the Merchandise Store in A Paddock. If you already have Admission to Lime Rock, the Park Pavilion Pass upgrade costs $40.
- Semi-Private Cabanas: Hauling your pop-up tent, chairs, and all the rest of your gear from the car to the Spectator Hillside isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, even if it’s only a short walk. If you have a small group and would like the convenience of a private, shaded seating area on top of Spectator Hillside, consider splitting the costs in order to experience the comfort of a shaded seating area. Cabanas are 9-foot-by-10-foot, professional-grade framed tents with four chairs, set up by your friendly Park staff long before you show up. Once you rent your cabana and have your admission passes, all you need to do is arrive! There are 10 private Cabanas available for Saturday of the Memorial Day Weekend event at a cost of $325 per cabana. You can even order catering and adult beverages to be delivered to the cabana by pre-ordering with Mark Mazzeo, Lime Rock Park Catering Director, email@example.com or 860.435.5000.
- Private Hospitality Tent: If you represent a large group that would like to host a private hospitality experience at the Memorial Day Weekend race event, congratulations! With the onsite Lime Rock Catering and oodles of flat, grassy spots with a view, it’s easy to host the ultimate private event for your business, family or club. Call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 to speak with one of our friendly staffers about your options - we’re here to help
- Personal Shuttles: Lime Rock Park provides free courtesy golf cart shuttle rides to all spectators to and from key locations at the track. Should you want a personal golf cart rental for the event, they can be reserved in advance by making arrangements with W&B Golf Cars at 518.851.2266. Supplies are limited and advanced reservations are required.
Fall asleep to the smells of a campfire and wake up to the sounds of racing. It's Memorial Day Weekend so bring the RV, camper or pitch a tent in the center of the action on Lime Rock Park's Infield and Trackside Campgrounds. Reserve your spot in advance as spaces will sell well in advance to race day.
GENERAL CAMPGROUND: Visit the General Campground Reservation page to get detailed information on how to camp Lime Rock, including an interactive general campground map with real-time information on available sites. The General Campground is open to all spectators with Weekend Admission Passes and is comprised of four sections with 20-foot-by-20-foot spots (except for The Pines). Spots must be reserved for the entire race weekend, Thursday, May 24 opening at Noon - Tuesday, May 28 closing at Noon. RVs and tents are permitted within the general, family and trackside camping area while tents are only permitted within The Pines camping area. Bathrooms and showers available on site.
- $40 General Camping Area (256 spots): Located in the center of the campground with a very short walk to the restrooms and trackside fence line
- $50 Family Camping Area (41 spots): In a flat, grassy zone intended for those with little ones or who are looking for a more relaxed evening. Perks: located adjacent to the restrooms; Family Camping Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- $125 Trackside Camping Area (46 spots): The spots are a slice of racing heaven along the No Name Straight trackside fence line, just before the Uphill. Wake up to the excitement unfolding and spend the day enjoying your front-row seats!
- $25 Tent-Only Camping in “The Pines” (20 spots): Keeping with the natural beauty of Lime Rock Park, this is tent-only camping in the area under the shady trees right behind Spectator Hill. You will not be assigned a specific space, but you will be able to reserve space under the Pines. Note: You may drive into the area to unload your car and then you will be required to park your vehicle in general parking – just a short distance past the bathrooms!
RV PARKING AREAS: Visit the RV Parking Reservation page to get detailed information on how to bring your RV to Lime Rock, including a RV parking map that shows available sites. Bring your RV and become completely immersed in the fanfare of major race weekends and amongst other RVs completely separate from the General Campground. The RV-only parking areas are open to RV campers with Weekend Admission Passes. RV-only parking spots are available by reservation only and no tent pitching is allowed. RV Camping begins on Thursday at 12:00 p.m. and ends Tuesday at 12:00 p.m.
- Trackside Reserved RV-Only Parking Area: Overlooks the back stretch of Lime Rock Park, and is packed with arguably the most passionate fans and a front row view of the Back Straight, West Bend and the Downhill turn
- Non-Trackside Reserved RV: Open for purchase only once the Trackside RV area is full and is located at the Skid Pad, adjacent to the Trackside area
- Lime Rock Park does not offer electric or water hookup facilities in our RV area, however there are bathrooms and showers available on site. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203.748.6906
- No tent camping allowed in reserved RV Parking Areas
Rules & Regulations for Camping: Contained fires only (no campfires on the ground). Everyone camping MUST purchase a Weekend ticket. One vehicle per spot in Family, General and Trackside (everything must be inside the 20x20 space). Tents ONLY in Pines; move vehicle to General Parking after unloading. Enforced Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m. in Family Area. Guest Services on site 24 hours. No dogs or pets allowed. Lime Rock does not have RV, electric or water hook-ups anywhere on the property. Conduct in the camping and RV areas that is not suitable to a family atmosphere will not be tolerated. Lime Rock Park reserves the right to prohibit banners, shirts and signs that are offensive. Violators whose conduct is inappropriate will be expelled from the facility without a refund. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203.748.6906