WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with GT Le Mans & GT Daytona
Plus Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge with Grand Sport and Street Tuner
And Introducing the Prototype Challenge Presented by Mazda
Friday & Saturday, July 21-22, 2017
For the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free. Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2017 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
At Lime Rock for the Northeast Grand Prix weekend, IMSA brings three series with five different classes of racing. From production-based cars to LMP3 prototypes, this is the apex of endurance racing in North America.
- In the premier WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GT Le Mans class, fully race-bred cars from factory and privateer teams battle for the overall win. This class includes factory teams from Ford, Chevrolet, Porsche, BMW and others!
- In the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship GT Daytona class, GT3-spec racecars join the party this year. In addition to the overwhelming number of professional privateer teams running Lamborghinis, McLarens, Audis, Porsches and others, new factory efforts from Mercedes, Lexus and Acura (with the new NSX) make this an extremely exotic field with hard racing all the time.
- The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Grand Sport class now welcomes GT4-spec race cars, which means in addition to the Porsche Caymans, Ford Mustangs and BMWs, you also now have fantastic factory-prepped racecars from brands like McLaren, too. This is an important development ground for the up-and-coming best in sports car racing
- The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Street Tuner class is the bread-and-butter of pro-am racing: teams that shepherd drivers new to the professional sports car racing world field a diverse variety of cars such as the Audi S3, MINI Cooper JCW, Porsche Cayman, Mazda MX-5, etc. The racing in Street Tuner is nothing short of phenomenal, every time.
- 2017 is the first year for the Prototype Challenge Presented by Mazda. With new, proper Le Mans-type LMP3 prototypes run by gentlemen drivers and expert professional drivers alike in an immensely competitive field in their own dedicated race, this class will feature thrilling wheel-to-wheel prototype racing action!
IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Race Weekend Schedule:
- Thursday, July 20 - General Camping & Reserved RV Opens at 12:00 P.M.
- Friday, July 21 - Practice and Qualifying
- Saturday, July 22 - Racing
- Sunday, July 23 - Camping/RV Closes at 12:00 P.M.
- A detailed race weekend schedule will be posted here once available
Ways to Enjoy the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend:
- Spectate by day with General Admission tickets
- Make it a family weekend and camp inside the track with a tent or RV, Thursday - Sunday
- Participate in an upgraded experience while at the track:
- Join the VIP Fan Hospitality tent on race day, Saturday, July 22
- Park in a Car Corral: brand-specific parking on Friday, 7/21 and Saturday, 7/22, or...
- Maximize convenience with a Guaranteed Infield Parking pass
- Rent a private hilltop Cabana on Saturday, July 22 (private catering is available)
- Host a hospitality for your group in a private tent
- Rent a golf cart for enhanced mobility
Read below for full information on what we’re talking about above, or if you know what you want, here are some quick links to purchase what you need. Don’t worry - once you click on an image and you’re at our ticket page, all of the options are available for you to add to your order.
Ready to plan your IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend at Lime Rock Park? Here are your options:
Spectate by Day with General Admission Tickets:
To attend as a daily spectator, those over age 16 will need to purchase a General Admission ticket. Please note: for the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend, current or former members of the U.S. Armed Forces with any proof of service are admitted free. Thank you for your service! Youths 16 and under with at least one accompanying adult are also admitted free to all 2017 Lime Rock Park spectator events. (General Admission)
The General Admission, per-person ticket prices for the 2017 IMSA Northeast Grand Prix are:
- $32 Friday Ticket ($40 if purchased after 7/14/17 or at the gate)
- $65 Saturday Ticket ($80 if purchased after 7/14/17 or at the gate)
- $85 Weekend Pass (Required if camping)($110 if purchased after 7/14/17 or at the gate)
Basic Rules & Regulations for Camping at the Track:
- Contained fires only (no campfires on the ground)
- Everyone camping MUST purchase a Weekend ticket
- One vehicle per spot in Family, General and Trackside (everything must be inside the 20x20 space)
- Tents ONLY in Pines; move vehicle to General Parking after unloading
- Enforced Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m. in Family Area
- Guest Services on site 24 hours
- No dogs or pets allowed
- Note: Lime Rock does not have RV, electric or water hook-ups anywhere on the property
- Conduct in the camping and RV areas that is not suitable to a family atmosphere will not be tolerated. Lime Rock Park reserves the right to prohibit banners, shirts and signs that are offensive. Violators whose conduct is inappropriate will be expelled from the facility without a refund
Camping at the Track, Option 1: General Campground
Lime Rock Park’s General Campground is open to all spectators with Weekend admission passes and is comprised of four sections, sold by 20’ x 20’ spot (except for The Pines) reserved for the entire race weekend, Thursday, July 20 opening at noon - Sunday, July 23 closing at noon:
- $35 General Camping Area (256 spots): Located in the center of the campground with a very short walk to the restrooms and trackside fence line
- $50 Family Camping Area (41 spots): In a flat, grassy zone intended for those with little ones or who are looking for a more relaxed evening. Perks: located adjacent to the restrooms; Family Camping Quiet Time starts at 10:00 p.m.
- $100 Trackside Camping Area (46 spots): The spots are a slice of racing heaven along the No Name Straight trackside fence line, just before the Uphill. Wake up to racecars and spend the day enjoying front-row seating!
- $25 Tent-Only Camping in “The Pines” (20 spots): Keeping with the natural beauty of Lime Rock Park, this is tent-only camping in the area under the shady trees right behind Spectator Hill. You will not be assigned a specific space, but you will be able to reserve space under the Pines. Note: You may drive into the area to unload your car and then you will be required to park your vehicle in general parking – just a short distance past the bathrooms!
- In the General, Family and Trackside Camping areas, RVs and Tents are permitted (tents only in “The Pines”)
Camping at the Track, Option 2: Trackside and Non-Trackside Reserved RV Parking Areas
Want to fall asleep to the smells of a campfire by your RV and wake up to the sounds of racing, with the convenience of RV-only parking? Reserved RV parking at Lime Rock Park gives fans the chance to be completely immersed in the event on the major race weekends, amongst other RVs completely separate from the General Campground.
- The Trackside Reserved RV camping area overlooks the back stretch of Lime Rock Park, and is packed with arguably the most passionate fans and a front row view of the Back Straight, West Bend and the Downhill turn.
- The Non-Trackside Reserved RV camping area is open for purchase only once the Trackside area is full and is located at the Skid Pad, adjacent to the Trackside area
- Lime Rock Park does not offer electric or water hookup facilities in our RV area, however there are bathrooms and showers available on site. RV/Camper pumping can be arranged by calling PJ’s Porta-Jon at 203-748-6906
- RV Camping begins on Thursday, 7/20 at 12:00PM and ends Sunday, 7/23 at 12:00PM
- No tent camping allowed in reserved RV Spots
Optional Experiences and Upgrades - More Fun!
If you’re ready to attend to the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend racing event at Lime Rock but want to add something unique to your experience, consider one of the following:
- VIP Fan Hospitality Tent: For race day, Saturday, July 22, any attending fan can buy a pass into the exclusive tent located in Hospitality Village overlooking nearly half of the track! You may purchase your pass either with admission included or without (for those who already have their G.A. ticket but want to upgrade, or in instances where you aren’t required to purchase a G.A. ticket, i.e. if you are a current or former member of the U.S. Military.) The VIP Fan Hospitality Tent includes shaded seating, continental breakfast, buffet lunch, special guest appearances, “hot lap” drawing, a personalized paddock tour and an event bag. Passes are available in advance only and must be purchased by 7/14/17. The cost of a pass to this experience is:
- $30 for a Kids Hospitality Pass, for those age 16 and under (G.A. ticket not required)
- $225 for an Adult Hospitality & Admission Pass
- $160 for an Adult Hospitality-only Pass, general admission not included
- Car Corrals: On Friday, 7/21 and Saturday, 7/22, Lime Rock Park will host Car Corral parking areas for owners of specific vehicle brands to park together and enjoy camaraderie, convenient infield parking and often special experiences such as parade laps or driver meet-and-greets. Keep an eye on this section, which will be updated as 2017 IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend Car Corrals are announced for the public. Typically, the Car Corral passes will start at $20 per car, not including General Admission; certain corrals are sometimes at a higher price point should they include hospitality or other special items.
- Guaranteed Infield Parking: Though General Admission includes parking at no additional cost, how close you park to the spectator area depends on what time you arrive. On race day, Saturday, 7/22, you may purchase this pass that guarantees you parking inside the track. When you park inside the track, you are close to the spectator area, which is very convenient for families - or just for those that would prefer a guaranteed easy walk with your stuff! Guaranteed Infield Parking passes are $25 per car, and available only in advance.
- Rent a Cabana: Hauling your pop-up tent, chairs, and all the rest of your gear from the car to the Spectator Hillside isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, even if it’s only a short walk. If you have a small group and would like the convenience of a private, shaded seating area on top of Spectator Hillside, consider getting everyone to chip in and rent a private Cabana! Cabanas are 9’ x 10’ pro-grade pole frame tents with four chairs, setup by your friendly Lime Rock Park staff and volunteers long before you show up. Once you rent your cabana and have your admission passes, all you need to do is arrive! There are 10 private Cabanas available for Saturday of the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend event at a cost of $325 per cabana. You can even order catering and adult beverages to be delivered to the Cabana by calling the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 and asking for Mark Mazzeo, our Catering Director.
- Private Hospitality for your Group: If you represent a large group that would like to host a private hospitality experience at the IMSA Northeast Grand Prix Weekend race event, congratulations! With the onsite Lime Rock Catering and oodles of flat, grassy spots with a view, it’s easy to host the ultimate private event for your business, family or club. Call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000 to speak with one of our friendly staffers about your options - we’re here to help!
- Golf Carts: Lime Rock Park provides free courtesy golf cart shuttle rides to all spectators to and from key locations at the track. Should you require a personal golf cart rental for the event, they can be arranged by calling W&B Golf Cars at 1 (518) 851-2266
Now that you know what your options are, click on the links up top to purchase the tickets and passes that are right for you. Prefer to speak with a person? Call us at 1 (860) 435-5000 - we’re here to help!