Get Slideways at Lime Rock during Winter Autocross Days presented by eEuroparts.com!
Lime Rock Park’s very popular Winter Autocross presented by eEuroparts.com is back for its third season of wintry driving excitement for 2017! This year we’ll have four program dates to start with (additional dates will be added based on need) for drivers of all levels to find the limit in their own car.
This year’s Winter Autocross is again made possible by a contribution from eEuroparts.com.
eEuroparts.com is a locally owned and operated Connecticut company specializing in all levels of European Auto Parts. With 16 years of online experience and direct manufacturer connections, eEuroparts.com is the #1 retail source for quality retail German or Swedish parts and accessories at wholesale competitive pricing. New this year, eEuroparts.com welcomes Land Rover and Jaguar to their catalog of BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mini, Saab, and Volvo. As always, eEuroparts.com is a proud supporter of Lime Rock Park.
For 2017 there are two unique programs that take place on separate days for you to choose from. Both programs require use of your personal vehicle and include a light lunch to keep you energized:
• Winter Autocross Days presented by eEuroparts.com: This is for drivers simply looking for maximum value for entertaining, spirited driving in winter conditions, with some instruction and a relaxed curriculum. The cost is $350 per driver with a maximum of 25 drivers per program, and each event is managed by four pro driving coaches. For 2017, we have increased the length of this program to six hours to provide you with maximum driving time possible!
The two Winter Autocross Days are Saturday, January 14 and Saturday, February 11. Click here to purchase.
• Winter Driving School presented by eEuroparts.com: This is for drivers that want to improve their winter driving skill set in a controlled, practice-focused environment. Whether you’re enrolling your newly-licensed child, or enrolling to improve yourself, this program will provide a solid base of knowledge and the opportunity to practice skills that will help ensure you make the best decisions in the winter driving environment. The cost of this curriculum-based program is $450 per driver, with six pro coaches to learn from and a maximum classroom size of 20 drivers.
The two Winter Driving Schools are Saturday, January 21 and Presidents Day Monday, February 20. Click here to purchase.
The Winter Autocross track has a variety of corners and elevation that can be run in a few different configurations depending on snow conditions. Conditions do vary by day and even over the course of a single event based on the weather, but our aim with the snowmaking and grooming equipment is for the entire course to be covered in smooth, slippery snow, similar to conditions on an unplowed, snow-covered road. The wide open spaces allow drivers to find their limit with plenty of room to make mistakes.
Please note: conditions off-course are variable. Snow beyond the course limits is not prepared for driving and going off course may result in your vehicle getting stuck. In the case of a stuck car, Lime Rock staff will pull the car out. We ask that all cars be fitted with your factory tow hook to help ensure that we can quickly accomplish that when necessary.
- Drivers must be licensed
- We have strict tire requirements to prevent excessive delays caused by removing stuck vehicles that are not prepared for winter driving. Four- and all-wheel drive vehicles may be fitted with either aggressively-treaded all-season tires or non-studded snow and ice tires. Summer tires or all-season tires with insufficient tread will not be permitted. Vehicles that are front- or rear-wheel drive MUST be equipped with appropriate non-studded snow and ice tires. If you have questions about your tires, please feel free to call the office and ask! To prevent degradation of the asphalt underneath the snow course, studded tires are prohibited.
- Vehicles must conform to our muffled exhaust regulations (ask if unsure)
- Spectators are welcome
- High-grip, thin soled shoes (with warm socks!) recommended
- Compressed air is available on site for tire pressure adjustments
- Cars must have tow hooks installed
If you are signed up for a program and are unable to attend, Lime Rock must be notified at least one week prior to the event. In that case, Lime Rock will transfer the credit to another date of the participant’s choosing. No refunds or date transfers will be available if the participant notifies Lime Rock less than seven days before the event (call for special consideration)
To sign up for a particular date, click "Buy Tickets" in the Winter Autocross Season section of our Ticketing Homepage and/or select the date of your choice on the right side of the event listing page. If you would like to purchase a gift certificate to the Winter Autocross Season for a friend or family member, call the Track Office at 1 (860) 435-5000.
For all your European vehicle parts and accessories, please consider supporting our event sponsor www.eEuroparts.com
Please call Ryan McIntosh at 860.435.5000, ext. 109 for 2017 Winter Autocross information.