It's been said before but it bears repeating: In the U.S., only at Lime Rock Park is there authentic historic racing and a prestigious concours, on the same property and at the same time; 300 vintage cars in 36 races on Saturday and Monday, the Sunday in the Park Concours presented by Bentley and Gathering of the Marques in between. No other venue does this. It's what separates Lime Rock's Historic Festivals -- this is year 32 -- from everything else. It's a weekend of, pardon the hyperbole, motoring magnificence.
That said... There are dozens of other elements in Historic Festival 32 and the Sunday in the Park Concours. Likely you already know about the Cars of Ralph Lauren, and Sir Stirling Moss, the Honored Guest, but here’s the latest news you can use...
The greatest living all-round race car driver will be here, Stirling Moss
* Click here to open the pdf of the Sunday Concours Map. Any group, class or special collection you want to see, you can find it here
* Click here for the complete weekend schedule
* Click here for the complete Racing Entry List
* Click here for the complete Concours Entry Liist
* Ralph Gilles (President and CEO - Motorsports and Senior Vice President - Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC) is a car guy of the highest order. He will be on-site, one of the judges of the Sunday in the Park Concours. Gilles is the superstar designer- and design director (the groundbreaking 2005 Chrysler 300 was his) who most recently led the team that created the 2014 Dodge SRT Viper
* Speaking of famous automotive designers, Virgil Exner’s stunning dream car, the 1960 Plymouth XNR, has been entered into the Sunday in the Park Concours. The XNR’s “odyssey” has been, as AutoWeek’s Roger Hart wrote, “novel worthy” (click here for the story and photos). This is a very rare opportunity, folks. Early in his career, Exner had a stint with Hall of Famer industrial designer Raymond Loewy... did you know that Loewy drew up all the designs for Lime Rock’s buildings, pit lane and training facilities in 1956? Regrettably, the track’s investors ran out of money before anything of Loewy’s could be built...
* One of the nine fabulous Race Groups Chairman Murray Smith has pulled together for the vintage and historic racing is for Formula Junior. It’s a brilliant, large group of 30 cars: Lotus, Cooper, Brabham, Lola, Stanguellini, OSCA... they’ll all be here. And we’re hoping to put all of them in one display during Sunday in the Park
* Ferrari tifosi and other Italian car nuts know about the Ferrari P3/4 race cars from the 1960s. Awesome. And there's one entered in the Sunday in the Park Concours. This car is fantastic, you’ve got to see it live and in color
* More Italia for you... A fantastic array of Abarths and Abarth Zagatos and OSCA race and street machinery will be on display, including the OSCA MT-4 that this year’s Honored Guest Sir Stirling Moss drove
* Track President Skip Barber has a small but quite worthy collection. He’s told us he’s bringing at least two very cool cars to the Concours. Wonder what Skip will bring?
* With Bentley Motorcars being the presenting concours sponsor of Sunday in the Park, one can expect a number of magnificent pre-war Bentleys to be here (including Lauren's). What one might not expect is to see Dyson Racing’s brand-new Bentley Continental GT3 race car, currently competing in this year’s Pirelli World Challenge series, driven by Butch Leitzinger. The GT3 is not only here to ogle over, but Butch will lay down some very hot laps during the lunch breaks (or is that lunch brakes?) on Saturday and Monday
Click here to go to limerockhistorics.com for videos, photo gallery and more.